Monday, February 21, 2022

prayer and fasting against road rage and more // 2022.02.21

The spirit of gentleness is far from roadragers like me. I guess that's my sign that I have a loooong way to go to becoming a saint. It's a scary thought actually, since St. James tells us that these come from not-so-friendly devils. Extra scary to think that the devils in me are partying for a long time already. Thankfully, Jesus assures us in St. Mark's Gospel that prayer and fasting can kick out even the persistent ones. Admittedly, I am not praying enough, and by the looks of what I see in the mirror, I'm doing quite the opposite in the eating department. What to do is obvious. How about you? Any persistent devils? How's your prayer and fasting from the things of the world going?

No comments:

Post a Comment