Thursday, June 10, 2021

repurposing pride month // 2021.06.10

I can say with honesty and clear conscience that I love and value all people, and sincerely wish everyone's true joy and happiness, regardless of color, gender preference, and belief. But that doesn't mean I need to support beliefs contrary to those I fundamentally believe in. With Pride Month, as the Church teaches me in CCC 2357-2359, while I cannot support some of what this event stands for, I accept those supporting it with full respect, compassion, and sensitivity. I do not support same sex relationships/marriages, but I am not a homophobic nor a bigot, and my friends with this tendency can attest how much I love and value them unconditionally. Instead of fighting, let us celebrate how, in our humanity, we can love each other even when we disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment