Monday, January 28, 2019

to pile up a mess, or to eagerly await // 2019.01.28

My son would often call me at work, asking me what time I'd be back home, even when it's the same time almost everyday. That's his way of telling me that he's waiting for me.

Ironically, I would also often come back home to a pile load of mess all over the house. It's amazing how a child can make the whole house, from bedroom to living room and kitchen, look like a dump site! Most of the time, I'd catch him just playing with the phone or watching TV.

After much frustration, I talked to him and told him that I felt bad coming home to such a mess, and that I didn't feel welcomed at all. I told him that if he really loves me, he should use the time waiting to make sure everything is sorted out already -- his school work, cleaning up scattered toys, eating his food, etc. Thankfully, that's what he did, and we had more time to spend together as a result.

Saint Paul reminds us to do the same thing... to "eagerly" await him! Not by just staring into nothingness, but by actively living the life He asks us to live!

I love that phrase, "eagerly await". How about you, how are you "eagerly awaiting"?

No comments:

Post a Comment