Sunday, September 18, 2011

i was not in a homicide

I think the distinction between murder and homicide, and how the court differentiates their degree of seriousness is remarkable.

Murder, which is pre-meditated, is definitely more serious than homicide, which is somewhat more of a spur of the moment type of thing.

But it also makes me worried, for it makes me realize that I am a murderer and not a homicide participant. Why? Because I am fully aware that with the sins I am committing, I am putting God on the cross to die. And yet, here I am, falling into sin time and again.

So yes... it was me... I murdered an innocent man!

My restitution is to die to my old life, and live the new life that God gives me. I wonder how many more years it will take before I finish my sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment