Thursday, August 18, 2011

don't drag the party down // 2011.08.18

Click here to read this day's Bible readings.

I love parties and get togethers. It's just not the same when you're with people who share the same passion and have laughters with them. I don't know about you, but I always get my spirits up when I'm with my friends.

There was a time however when I wasn't in a good mood and I wasn't interested at all at what's happening. I wasn't just not contributing to the fun, I was dragging them down for no valid reason with how I was acting. Sadly, I have to admit that I ruined that rare reunion because of my selfishness and pride.

It's the same in today's Gospel. The hosts were in high spirits, even willing to invite strangers in an intimate affair just to celebrate and share their joy with everyone. Unfortunately, some people didn't care what the event was. They were in a wonderful festivity. What reason then should they have to stay?

Fortunately, all of us are invited in God's party. Would you be part of the festivity, or would you rather stay down and drag others with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment